Wednesday, December 10, 2008

new teeth

just a quick note. i am sorry to say that my attitude really has not brightened since my last post. my therapist suggested that i eat more. i had to laugh to myself. eat more? tell a woman in the throes of situational depression to eat more and she could certainly take that one and run with it.

ok, so she didn't exactly say "eat more". she suggested that instead of spending my weekly grocery budget (which is, right now, 20 bucks) and buying the five "smart ones" frozen meals for 10 dollars - instead of going for the most bang for my buck - she suggested that I eat some fresh veggies and buy a protein mix. either way sounds just as depressing as the other. driving home from the dentist today i thought "what i would really like to do is go blow 30 bucks on thai food". but i didn't. i literally do not have it! i came home and ate the rest of my family size bag of smart food. which is probably why i need a dentist.

debt. after living for about 3 years debt free i find myself in debt again. new car for my outside sales job, huge remodel on my teeth, tune ups and new tires, travel to relatives for the holidays, broken lap tops (actually it was more like vandalized but i'm not going there), moving multiple times in one year.... i am accruing debt. living the American dream! i have struggled to stay debt free and succeeded but now i am finding myself slowly creeping into debt again. and we are not talking new boats, motorcycles, or vacation homes. we are talking a 300 dollar winter rental, a kia optima, and no dining out EVER. what has happened that the cost of living in middle America now requires one to go into debt? something seems to be broken here.

but i have new teeth today. i love my dentist, i don't care how expensive he is. but i think he must be english in origin because he got rid of my very irish gap. i think i heard him whispering something like "getting rid of one more black dog..." as he was filling it in, but that could have been the laughing gas.

ok! off to watch my netflix movie.... panic in needle park.

No comments: